Week 5: Color Pencil Rendering 1

This week I had to do a rendering with color pencils of an interior from any of the periods that have been discussed so far. I chose one from the lecture slideshow. It was a current application of the Protomodernism Period.

The piece I chose attracted me a lot because of the simplicity. It had white walls and wood floors and other wooden furniture. The living room had the most color and was sort of the focal point of the interior. It was a really nice interior with enough room for light without being excessive. It also had views of the plants outdoors.

The trickiest part for me was trying to distinguish different planes on the white wall from each other. The lightest grey I found was too dark so I took some shavings of that and spread it on one of the planes. Even when I scanned the image, the scanner couldn't distinguish the different grey planes from each other and they came out as flat white so I had to take some pictures with my phone too. 

This was the first time I've done aa rendering with color pencils. It took me a while and I was really scared going into it but I'm glad the final result was way better than I expected.

Comments

Popular Posts